In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest news on Node.js, our announcement of Node.dev and some information about our Open JS presentation ‘Behind the Scenes of NodeSource Node.js Binary Distributions'.
Need to Node is a weekly bulletin designed to keep you up-to-date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events and articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js v.14.5 released The most notable change is an update to Node’s V8 engine to version 8.3, which is primarily a performance and bug-fix upgrade and an initial experimental implementation of EventTarget which provides a DOM-style API for objects in general.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Announcing Node.dev. Your latest Node.js content, news and updates in one place.
- Behind the Scenes of NodeSource Node.js Binary Distributions A high-level talk covering how Node.js binaries work and are released.
- The Hapi.js-project announced a change in its governance team, spelling a new chapter for the popular servicer-side framework Check out this issue for further information on the project’s future and next steps.
- Don’t miss this article Creating an Application Performance Monitor Using Node 14 New and Experimental Features. By Erick Wendel
- awesome-nodejs-security. Check out this curated list of Node.js security resources by Liran Tal
- Ridiculous npm packages that I wish didn’t exist, a video series on the most rediculous npm packages out there; including is-ten-thousdand, owoifyx, true, meaning-of-life and others. By Engineer Man
One Last Thing...